Vehicle Stock Manager
£30,000 plus bonus and benefits
Ref: VR 1126 - Essex - £30,000 plus bonus and benefits
To lead, manage and drive all aspects of Vehicle Stock management ensuring all sales are delivered effectively and on time with minimum disruption, in line with standard operating practices and HSE requirements providing customer service excellence at all times.
- To lead and manage the Yard team in their day to day duties. Responsible for all people management aspects of your team, including performance reviews and training and development in line with HR policies and employment law.
- Effectively communicate and undertake structured meetings to ensure all Yard team are continuously updated and are aware of what is expected, including supporting/holding daily/weekly team meetings in line with current communication practices.
- Promote team members engagement within the Yard team, reward and recognising achievements and implementing methods to increase and maintain team member morale.
- Ensure the efficient and effective flow of vehicles around the Auction Centre at all times, working closely with Operations Process, and address any issues that may arise in a timely manner.
- Develop robust relationships with both Vendors and Buyers who use the Auction Centre, understanding their needs, ensuring all administration, coordination and movement of vehicles meet customer requirements and internal SLA at all times.
- Make sure there is a smooth, safe and uninterrupted flow of sale vehicles during the Auction in lot number .
- Continuously review the Yard process ensuring efficiencies are maximised and take appropriate action to remedy any issues.
- Plan and organise work, assessing resource requirements to meet unit movements, ensuring cost effectiveness and all work/ tasks are completed within set standards and the correct timescales, addressing under performance where necessary.
- Effective workforce planning.
- Ensure effective key security within the Auction Centre and there is a security process in place when releasing vehicles ‘off-site’ in line with process.
- Complete and circulate all relevant Management Reports highlighting and addressing any areas of concern and rewarding achievements.
- Ensure customer/internal complains/queries are investigated thoroughly and in an acceptable timescale
- Ensure stock control and management is conducted regularly in line with Manheim operating standards and take appropriate action to remedy any issues.
- Coordination of Health & Safety for the entire Auction Centre ensuring all relevant actions are completed and all Health & Safety documentation and training is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure the Auction Centre and its facilities are maintained to an acceptable standard and all maintenance and repair are undertaken and dealt with.
- Continually assess ways of working to ensure the Auction Centre is maximising efficiencies working closely with Service Delivery & Operations Process to understand what the daily impact of vehicles will be.
This role is responsible for 6 - 10 direct reports
- 0 - 5% travel, primarily regional or national
- Travel to other sites and attend conferences/meetings and training on occasion: Ye
Key Performance Criteria:
- Continuously drive customer service improvements and excellence in all business areas
- Ensure the Yard meets legislation, compliance and internal standards at all times
- Successful delivery of all projects within the agreed timeframe
- Actively drive culture teams and people development within the Auction Centre ensuring key activites and initiatives are implemented and adhered to
- Ensure the Auction Centre meets HSE legislation at all times
Qualifications / Education & Experience
- Previous experience within a logistical and planning role
- Previous experience of working HSE legislation
- Proven track record of managing medium to large teams
- Proven track record of working within and meeting SLA and KPI requirements
- Excellent IT skills in Excel and Word with the ability to analyse data to drive performance
Functional Skills e.g. Leadership capability, KPI’s, Account Management Customer Service etc
- Proven leadership experience within a similar environment, successfully managing teams
- Experience of working within rigid regulations and procedures
- Proven experience within an Operational/Production environment
- Experience within a customer facing role with the ability to resolve customer queries and complaints to a mutual satisfaction
- Background in a fast paced business environment
- Budgetary and business planning experience
- Experience in understanding and analysing financial reports or budgets with the ability to analyse data to drive performance
- Proven track record of improving performance and profitability through process efficiency