Rental and Compliance Executive
to £35,000 plus excellent benefits
Ref: VRP03 - Tunbridge Wells - to £35,000 plus excellent benefits
Job Title: Rental & Compliance Executive
Responsible To: South East Region Manager
Responsible For: Driver & Ambassador, Driver
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Hours of Duty: 40
Role Summary: Provide support and excellent administration to the branch, and South East Region Manager at all times. Ensure customer needs and expectations are met, assisting with the growth and continuous development of the fleet.
Key areas of responsibility:
- In conjunction with the South East Region Manager and Ambassador ensure all rentals are operated and delivered in a presentable, profitable and appropriate manner.
- Ensure all compliance paperwork is available prior to vehicles being rented out.
- In conjunction with H/O rentals, resolve in customer/supplier rental queries.
- In conjunction with the Ambassador, ensure all damage is captured, reported and recharged in a timely manner, working closely with customers to reduce the risk of any potential queries.
- Manage employed driver at the depot, ensuring they are working in compliance with the Driving Regulations at all times, making sure tacho cards are downloaded in accordance to legal guidelines.
- Deliver/exceed the basic rental targets (utilisation, minimum rate per day, per vehicle type).
- Ensure all customers’ requests and queries are responded to within a practical timeframe.
- Ensure compliance bookings are made in accordance with customer licence requirements and in accordance with the information provided from our systems.
- Liaising with customers and suppliers, ensuring at all times both are aware and accepting of any required bookings.
- Manage and book minor defects.
- Ensure all required compliance documents are received and updated on our systems in a timely manner, escalating any excessive delays where appropriate to the Fleet Engineers.
- Manage defects on the STH fleet, identifying and recharging all damage repairs in line with company process.
- Prioritise workloads on a day to day basis
- Effectively manage time to ensure workload remains up to date
- Excellent customer communication and administration at all times
- Courteous, helpful and professional interpersonal and telephone manner with customers, colleague and suppliers
- Take absolute pride in everything you do to deliver excellence and customer intimacy
- Use competent and sound commercial acumen and initiative on all occasion organising workload and resources
- Total confidentiality
Internal Key Relationships:
- Branch colleagues
- Operations colleagues
- Rental colleagues
External Key Relationships:
- Customers (new and existing)
Rental & Compliance Executive
Education, qualifications, and experience
- 3 Years’ Experience of working in a similar role
Skills, ability, and knowledge
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent management of time
- Strong organisational skills
- Commercial vehicle knowledge
- Flexible and adaptable to the needs of the department, and wider business
- Good attention to detail
- Good team player