- Build relationships and develop the trust of the customer and/or drivers.
- Encourage co-operation and communication within peer group and across teams and wider organisation where appropriate
- Accountable for the performance management of employees within defined area of responsibility, including completion of reviews within Performance Review process.
- Responsible for ensuring that employee development needs are recognised and supported and that ongoing development is encouraged. This includes championing and supporting the use of Individual Development Plans (IDP’s).
- Responsible for all aspects of resource management within defined area of responsibility, including planning, resourcing and recruitment.
- Manage recruitment and selection and general employee relations issues with the support of the HR Business Partner
- Manage all aspects of employee related budgets and headcount plans ensuring balance between cost efficiencies and work requirements.
- Adherence to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy ensuring all employees, within areas of responsibility, are compliant under the same policy. Ensuring that a safe and healthy working environment is encouraged at all times.
- Lead by coaching, rewarding and guiding employees towards achieving targets
- Create an environment of trust, confidence and empowerment where employees take ownership and accountability for their duties
- Act as a role model through personal demonstration of people management best practice techniques and Company employee policies, values and behaviours
- Responsible for managing within an agreed budget
- Responsible for budget and headcount targets as agreed.
Reporting & Systems (including Service Level Agreements - ‘SLAs’)
- Meet all agreed SLA’s and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Complete management reports as required and takes action to investigate anomalies
- Performance monitoring/measurement
Delivering Great Service
- Maintain a high level of service focus.
- Keep abreast of market conditions and specific industry and organisational changes.
- Management ensures that staff in their area of responsibility understand the main tasks and responsibilities with respect to operational risk management in their day-to-day activities.