North or South
Product Development Manager
upto £60,000 plus car allowance and other benefits
Ref: VR 01293 - North or South - upto £60,000 plus car allowance and other benefits
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK’s foremost vehicle rental specialists as a Product Development Manager and bring to life our next generation of products and service enhancements for our customers.
What will our Product Development Manager do?
We have a well-earned reputation for being at the cutting-edge of innovation in the LCV market place, a reputation bolstered by our continued focus on pushing the boundaries of what our customers expect from us. We are determined not to rest on our laurels - we have a clear 5-year strategic roadmap to introduce new services to existing customers and bring our innovative approach to new segments in both the automotive and corporate/plc sectors.
With our core product portfolio well-established, your priorities will lie in putting your commercial acumen and market insight to the test, working closely with Operations, Marketing and Commercial stakeholders to identify the next ‘big’ product opportunity. With your focus predominantly on developing offline rather than digital-based solutions for the B2B marketplace, you will have ownership for the full product lifecycle, seeking to prove your concept ensures a strong customer experience and sustainable competitive position in the marketplace.
Backed by an exceptional level of support at boardroom level, our Product Development Team is highly valued within our business and has an enviable record of successfully bringing to market products that enhance our offering. For those excited by the opportunity to work in an innovative, supportive product development role, this really is a terrific opportunity to make a real difference!
- You have a true entrepreneurial spirit – as an established B2B (rather than B2C) product development or value proposition expert you draw on your broad experience to source, identify and build-out market opportunities for physical products or service assets and can articulate why they will (or won’t) be successful.
- You have an exceptional knowledge of the product development lifecycle – from market research and defining the customer proposition, to designing process and policies or establishing commercial/pricing models and agreeing implementation requirements - you know how to establish a commercially viable business case.
- Your enthusiasm for new opportunities is infectious and a key reason for your success – you engage those around you in your ideas but equally important is your data-rational approach, using market knowledge and MI to illustrate that ‘the numbers add up’.
- You proactively build credible relationships with stakeholders – you are equally able to shape the decisions of business leaders through well-informed views or work with external third parties to maximise their engagement.
- You have a resourceful and tenacious approach – you thrive putting in the hard yards to identify and solve problems or research and develop the most profitable and exciting ideas.
- Whilst it would be great if you have some exposure to vehicle leasing or the fleet management industry, much more important to us is your ability to successfully bring great products to market, which ever market than may be!