OEM Account Manager
circa £60,000 - £65,000 basic ote £70,000 - £75,000 plus benefits.
Ref: VR 01299 - National - circa £60,000 - £65,000 basic ote £70,000 - £75,000 plus benefits.
Our client is a global market leader in providing software and digital marketing solutions to the automotive industry. They are innovating the way that automotive dealerships drive their customers’ car-buying experience from the moment they run a search online all the way through to bringing their car back in for a service.
Our client is growing its Manufacturers’ Team in the UK and are currently recruiting for an experienced business development professional to join them.
As an Account Manager you will represent and manage the allocated OEM relationships that the client has with Passenger Car and Commercial Vehicle clients within the UK. You will be tasked with protecting and growing the revenue and relationships in these strategically and operationally important clients by providing a high level of service and satisfaction. In order to achieve this you will need to work closely with and cultivate key internal matrix relationships – Client Success, International Manufacturer Relations, Product Management, R&D, and Finance to deliver vs the agreed strategic and operational objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- For the UK to be the primary point of contact for the allocated Manufacturers in all matters pertaining to their relationship with the client, and on occasions Dealer Associations and dealers that are mostly / wholly owned by the Manufacturers
- Create and cultivate new OEM relationships within existing accounts as required to drive the clients revenue and profit
- Be the conduit for relaying strategies to the OEMs and look for areas of opportunity for both parties incorporating the dealers as key stakeholders
- Negotiate on behalf of the client any contracts / certifications / endorsements (this list is not exclusive) with Manufacturers
- Manage inbound requests for product development and new solutions from Manufacturers and within the established framework prioritise these in line with resource availability and financial targets whilst respecting the clients strategic and operating plans and product development processes
- Work with the Client Success Team to report and manage communication on project progression to internal and client stakeholders.
- Support the Sales Departments in strategic sales situations, and provide them with updates on OEM strategy and direction
- Assist in the formulation of service level agreements that are OEM specific
- Be responsible for the financial delivery of an annual target by managing pipeline, forecast and activity through Salesforce.com in order to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual KPI’s and goals
Do you dare to be different?
We look for people with the right cultural fit. While our business is full of industry experts we also value those who are keen to work together and have the potential to develop new knowledge and skills. Innovation and collaboration means growth and ours, ultimately, depends on yours.
For this role we would like to see candidates who can demonstrate a proven track record in the following:
- A good understanding and experience of the retail automotive industry
- Successfully engaging at multiple levels with internal and external stakeholders to achieve your goals
- Commercial awareness and contract negotiation skills with experience of hitting targets
- Strategic thinking and problem solving skills and experience
- Passion for the motor industry, and its changing direction, an inquisitive mind and strong customer experience