Midlands / South
Head of Procurement and Supplier Management
£60,000 - £70,000 basic plus £10k bonus and benefits
Ref: VR 01314 - Midlands / South - £60,000 - £70,000 basic plus £10k bonus and benefits
12 Month FTC
- Lead the Procurement & Supply Chain Management department with end to end ownership of business planning through to operational delivery. Act as the primary SME lead for the UK business.
- Embed the new procurement and sourcing model within the business with the aim to
i) enhance business capability and focus
ii) evolve supply chain efficiencies
iii) deliver great end customer outcomes
- Take an active role in the management of our service, maintenance and repair proposition including both operational management of spend authorisation right through to enhancing the core in life supply chains and associated propositions.
- Take ownership of the UK sourcing policy (whilst adhering to wider associated policies) to ensure all business activity is undertaken in a compliant and risk controlled manner.
- Support the effective onward development of the function through proposing new continuous improvements and leveraging technology.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Lead the Procurement & Supplier Management team in the business.
- Develop and own the interim Procurement & Supplier Management business plan. This includes improving the existing procurement operating model to ensure goods and services are procured diligently to meet both business objectives whilst remaining compliant with policy.
- Work with business owners to align key sourcing plans from complex strategic developments, through to standard renewals, right through to robust in-life supply chain management. In particular more direct ownership will be placed in supporting core operational and leasing supply chains.
- Lead effective reviews of all areas of high spend with the aim to enhance category aggregation (or those areas that are highly fragmented). Where required undertake strategic reviews and propose new recommendations. Vehicle procurement is a significant target area.
- Take ownership of the Procurement policy ensuring it is maintained and fit for purpose at all times whilst embedding the principles within the business to ensure both understanding and compliance.
- Target developing a new culture and visibility of ‘effective spend management’.
- Act as the primary business interface and SME(s) for all procurement and sourcing activity whilst looking to upskill capability through designing new training programmes and introducing new self-serve tools.
- Leverage technology to introduce (or enhance existing systems) to deliver new business efficiencies right across the Procurement & Supplier Management department from contract management through to sourcing systems and supplier monitoring. Take an active role in all areas from requirements gathering through to testing and embedment.
- Manage and develop the Fleet Services (service maintenance and repair) department to deliver better, more efficient and effective solutions for the business and our customers.
- Evolve the procurement ideology into new business areas or governance structures e.g. ranging from Change Management (large projects) through to Operational Risk, Sustainability and beyond.
- Work with the wider Group business partners to leverage best practice and opportunities for synergies across all European markets.
- Act a core part of the Commercial Operations Leadership Team to deliver positive business change
- Strong sourcing and / or supplier management capability with experience in driving through positive change and performance improvement
- An experienced leader with an ability to both set direction, empower others, whilst provide the support required to ensure delivery of planned goals
- Financially astute / commercially minded with strong experience in ‘profit and/or loss’ accountability
- Excellent business planning and work organisation with superior ‘manage self’ capabilities
- Proficient data analysis and modelling skills (plus using information effectively to inform decisions)
- Ability to work at pace and delivery focused timescales
- An understanding of ecommerce practice and principles, underpinned by experience in using systems to optimize business efficiencies or enhance supply chain / customer experiences
- Experience in supporting and delivering transformational change or continuous improvement initiatives.
- A passion or restless curiosity to utilise their skills and experiences to make a difference
What we can offer …
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- 25* days holiday, in addition to public holidays
- Volunteering days to assist in charity work/CSR Initiatives
- An excellent CSR agenda – Ecovadis certification
- Flexible working options available
- Car (EV/PHEV)
- Eligibility for Bonus
- Occupational Health Programme
- Introduction bonuses for referring an Employee or Customer
- Access to LinkedIn Learning/time towards to your CPD
- EV charging points, bike storage, shower & changing facilitates and car parking
- Progressive/collaborative culture