Control Technician - Weekend / Nights
£35,214 basic plus 25% shift premium
Ref: VR01187 - Birmingham - £35,214 basic plus 25% shift premium
Working for a major prestige manufacturer.
The Control Technicians are a part of the Maintenance team and provide technical support modifying software and systems to enhance and sustain production activities. The CT’s report to the SPL and are responsible for the smooth running of the production machines whilst running reports on efficiency and production and helping to train Associates through the line.
- Provide second level technical support
- Drive continuous improvement of production facilities including; increasing technical availability, ensuring cycle time reduction and a “right first time” culture
- Provide training to upskill the wider technical population
- Support with projects as and when required
- Likely to have been Electrical/Mechanical Technician background having done an apprenticeship within a high volume manufacturing environment
- The Ideal Candidate will have a manufacturing volume background and know a production line inside and out knowing how the process flows.
- They may come from Automotive, Chemical processing, Pharmaceutical or other similar industries.
- They must have a Siemens background including: Siemens background including; Siemens S7 Simatic Manager - fault finding and software modification/machine optimisation, Siemens Profinet/profibus – fault finding/commissioning additional nodes and Siemens S120 drives/replacement
- They will also have working knowledge of ABB Robots or Robot control systems, tightening and Vision systems.
- We will look for people with titles such as Control Technicians, Control Engineers, Maintenance Planning and Electrical Engineers.
- The ideal candidate may have just finished an apprenticeship and being looking for their next move up and be ready for a new challenge.
- These are challenging roles so you need someone who is quick to learn and who will question things and push themselves.