Business Development Manager
£40,000 - £45,000 plus £65,000 ote car and benefits
Ref: VR 01247 - Home based - £40,000 - £45,000 plus £65,000 ote car and benefits
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is instrumental to the long-term success of the business. The BDM is responsible for generating business through to growth using the branded company prospecting experience. The prospecting experience covers many aspects, all of which will be used by the BDM in some form.
The BDM is responsible for developing relationships and growing the managed fleet, with a portfolio of prospect data, prospecting them by selling in the solution specifically addressing areas of need that are highlighted and are of interest to them. The BDM will also work as part of a team in responding to tenders and may in some instances be requested to complete the tender from beginning to end ready for review by the business before sending. The BDM will work with all areas of the business to achieve growth. An agreed target set by the business will be used to measure performance. The BDM will also on occasion be required to liaise directly with third party suppliers during progressing prospects further. The BDM will have an involvement in implementation working with all areas of the business to aid good understanding of a prospects needs.
2.0 KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To grow the business by bringing on new business
2. Prospect the prospect data.
3. Operate as the lead point of contact for all matters specific to prospects (fleet operators) and customers.
4. Maintain accurate records on the Capsule (CRM) system and extract data and perform analysis (as required).
5. Using internal systems, and the agreed marketing portfolio to maximise impact to prospects to generate inbound interest.
6. Build and maintain strong, long-lasting prospect relationships founded on being a “trusted advisor” with a view to progressing to a customer
7. Communicate with prospects and provide elements of added value to keep the business at the forefront of prospects considerations.
8. Agree and attend prospect meetings. Provide a detailed overview of next steps agreed.
9. Assist in the satisfactory resolution of any prospect enquiry.