Business Development Manager Rental
£45,000 plus comission
Ref: VR0821 - SE England - £45,000 plus comission
Job Title: Sales Executive
Responsible To: South East Region Manager
Location: Field Based with time at location(s)
Hours of Duty: 40
Responsible for developing and winning new business, primarily from new customers (and existing accounts as and when assigned/requested).
The key focus will be on selling Contract hire, Rental, Repair and Maintenance, and Accident Management to commercial vehicle operators looking for a comprehensive contract service provider capable of delivering value added services and quantifiable performance standards. The solutions provided include both physical products and financial solutions including Contract hire, rental and used vehicle purchases to facilitate new business wins.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for new business development on a depot/ head office ‘centric’ basis by researching and developing new business opportunities where the prospects requirements are in line with the products and services offered by the company. This will be achieved via cold calling, telemarketing and networking via all available means such as social media.
- To ensure that all information gathered regarding prospects/ customers is recorded and ultimately saved on the company sales database.
- To call upon the support of colleagues to ensure that all opportunities are brought to closure and that there is no duplication of effort with existing customers/ prospects.
- Establish close working relationships based upon trust and professionalism with key decision makers and influencers within target accounts in order to ensure ongoing sales success and a return on the time invested in each account.
- To always act in a professional and diligent manner and ensure that all customer's requests/ queries are responded to within practical time frames thus presenting us as a business that is responsive and cares about its customers.
- To obtain a detailed appreciation of each customer’s/ prospect requirements including features and enhancements which could add value to the customers operation therefore increasing the opportunity of winning the business and increasing the level of contribution; and become fully conversant with future requirements and methods of acquisition.
- Fully ‘buy in’ to the academy whereby training and support will form an integral part of the Sales Executives career development.
- To strive to exceed defined sales targets and levels of contribution including targeting 3 to 4 face to face visits on field days based upon an average of 4 field days per week.
- To closely monitor and report competitor activity so that the business can adapt to market conditions/ adopt best practice.
- To compile and submit the following reports as defined by the company:
- Weekly report and movement plan in a pre-agreed format (detailing visits/ calls and actions taken along with follow-up requirements/ prospect week number)
- Sales forecast (detailing accurate prospect information including customer name, vehicle type, monthly rental, expected contribution and projected start date)
Monthly report detailing orders secured, market awareness, i.e. lost orders, competitor activity and detailed updates on target prospects.
- As and when required liaise with the company’s operations and finance teams to ensure finance and after-sales issues are dealt with quickly and efficiently to include providing key contacts within new customers for ongoing customer relations.
- To submit a credit check request using the appropriate method to the finance function for all new business opportunities prior to submitting a quotation request thereby ensuring that the prospect is financially viable to consider doing business with. NB additional financial information will be required for new customers in order to ensure that relevant funding lines can be secured for the value of goods to be financed prior to submitting a sales proposal.
- To provide detailed quotation requests to the Sales Support team to include contract details/ terms required along with chassis, body and ancillary equipment specification requirements so that accurate costings can be compiled and quotations can be provided in a timely manner.
- Not to commit to any service levels that the company cannot deliver on therefore either exposing the company to unbudgeted costs or resulting in customer dissatisfaction.
- To operate cost effectively in pursuit of sales opportunities thereby optimising the contribution to the business.
- To stay within the agreed expense budget and keeping such expenses to a minimum; submitting the expenses claim form and mileage report by the 3rd day of the ensuing month to the Finance function.
- Any other reasonable duties in support of both the sales function and the overall business to include a minimum of one office planning day to be spent at the head office to support business development and sales team interaction.
- Prioritise workloads on a day to day basis
- Effectively manage time to ensure workload remains up to date
- Excellent customer communication and administration at all times
- Courteous, helpful and professional interpersonal and telephone manner with customers, colleague and suppliers
- Take absolute pride in everything you do to deliver excellence and customer intimacy
- Use competent and sound commercial acumen and initiative on all occasion organising workload and resources
- Total confidentiality
Internal Key Relationships:
- Sales colleagues, i.e. Group Marketing, Customer Relations and Key Account Managers.
- Supply Chain and Commercial team
- Finance team
- Operations and Rental colleagues.
- All other colleagues
External Key Relationships:
- Customers and prospects
- Chassis, body and ancillary equipment suppliers (product knowledge/ support)
Education, qualifications, and experience
- Educated to GCSE Level grade C+
- 5 years + experience in Sales environment
- Proven track record selling/sales administration
Skills, ability, and knowledge
- Excellent selling ability
- Presentation skills
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven good customer relationships
- Experience within the Commercial Vehicle Sector
- Technical knowledge
- Bid and tender experience
- Respect and awareness for confidentiality