Business Development Manager (Leasing)
£46-56K plus £20k+ bonus
Ref: VR0421 - South - £46-56K plus £20k+ bonus
Business Development Manager
New business role for fast growing and well respected FN50 leasing provider part of a major International Automotive group. This is a highly visible position within the business and as such demands an individual capable of exceeding on targets and consistently delivering excellent sales figures month on month.
You will be responsible for the business development of vehicle fleets (from 100) across the UK from within the corporate, not for profit and public sector markets. Key responsibilities include the achievement of sales objectives whilst managing the needs and expectations of your prospects. To secure new business from the target audience to include, fleet management, contract hire, rental management, salary sacrifice and all and any other such products offered.
JOB ROLE & RESPONSIB ILITIES
- Achieve sales targets, in terms of units, margin contribution and core product penetration.
- Achieve Group product penetration targets, identifying and proposing solutions to sell product portfolio into new business opportunities
- Tailor solutions as appropriate to ensure customer needs are met, and make proposals to the Head of Sales to ensure the business makes an appropriate return either in improved efficiencies or supplemental profit
- Ensure all solutions recommended to customers are within the profit models and demonstrate sustainable account profitability
- Utilise and market Inchcape Fleet Solutions sales initiatives and campaigns to ensure that targets are achieved and exceeded
- Identify opportunities to re-engage "dropped off" customers by approaching previous customers, understanding reasons for leaving, addressing and satisfying to a level that the customer returns
- Utilise Sales Force as a full diary and CRM system ensuring all sales activity is posted and a thorough record is maintained of all contact activity
- Identify key internal relationships and utilise their experience in all activities. Utilise this experience, where required, in all customer facing environments
- Engage with the internal support functions in generating support within the defined business area responsible
- Provide support in policy advice and development with both your own customers, the clients you work with and in assistance with your peers
- Know and have relationships with all customers within your prospect portfolio relevant to your role and have an understanding of how decisions are made within your prospect portfolio
- Build relationships with all manufacturer contacts within your business environment, engaging with them on all networking opportunities
- Achieve minimum telephone activity levels to secure appointments with prospects and report monthly on the outcomes to Head of Sales.
- Own all marketing campaigns, mailing initiatives and telephone canvassing activities to maximise appointment levels and conversion ratios. To be agreed with the other members of the New Business team
- Deliver appropriate activity to achieve all targets, including volume (units), profit/margin, Fleet Management, daily rental, other profit targets, as required
- Understand the product portfolio and where it fits with the wider industry, sharing your knowledge with your business colleagues
- Develop business plan for your role responsibility and annual targets
- Preparation of monthly reports summarising activity as required
- Attend monthly sales meetings when required to do so
- Build strong and effective internal relationships with all possible customer touch points
- Reinforce the culture and values through appropriate behaviours and actions
- Introduce a Strategic Account Plan to all qualifying customers
- Perform professional handover of account to Strategic Account Manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and selling skills
- Powerful communicator with strong service ethic and customer focus
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM system to update database
- Well motivated, knowledgeable and enthusiastic user of processes and systems
- Proven track record of successful business-to-business sales in a high value service or sales environment
- Full, clean driving licence
- Willing to travel and stay overnight if necessary
STYLE & CULTURE FIT
A self-motivated, enthusiastic New Business Development Manager requires the ability to communicate and work
with all areas of the business, including the wider group. They need to share best practice whilst always seeking to
identify and implement business and process improvements.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Strong strategic customer focus
- Natural self-starter with consultative approach
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Work without direct supervision and on own initiative
- Comfortable negotiating across all internal and external levels including Senior board level
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of the fleet industry and all associated products and services
- Demonstrate a detailed knowledge of principles of fleet funding and management, finance and tax legislation
- Experienced with working with major manufacturers, the way they operate and support their product offering.
- Understand the life cycle of vehicles in a business environment.
- Proven track record of successful business-to-business sales in a high value service or sales environment.