Business Development Director
£54,000 - £60,000 basic plus excellent commission
Ref: VR 1276 - Home based - £54,000 - £60,000 basic plus excellent commission
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director, the role of Business Development Director is to drive increased revenue and profit to support the Company’s ambitious growth.
Role & Responsibilities
- Drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching the existing market
- generate leads and cold call prospective customers
- meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
- foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
- understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
- think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
- work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
- have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
- liaise with the finance team, Operations and Garage Network as appropriate
- keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world
- help to plan sales campaigns
- create a sales pipeline
- negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
- increase sales of the business
- carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management/the executive directors
- develop the business sales and marketing strategy
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven and credible experience of external engagement and negotiations with businesses
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written, with an ability to present material clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a variety of teams including building working relationships with colleagues and external contacts.
- Resilient, reliable and ethical team player with an ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to make decisions independently, using own initiative, but also know when to seek wider input
- Experience of managing complex projects successfully
- Experience of contract negotiations
Attributes and Behaviour
- Understands and makes sense of complex or conflicting data and different perspectives of stakeholders
- Clear, concise and accurate communication, tailoring the approach accordingly using appropriate media and encouraging an overall effective communication process
- Works collaboratively with others, playing a positive role in teams and establishing and growing relationships internally and externally across functions where different skills, expertise and opinions are valued
- Has the ability to think strategically and to manage complex problems and issues
- Sets own priorities in conjunction with team and area objectives
- Encourages creative and innovative thinking in self and others
- A pro-active, positive, motivated individual with a ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to remain calm and focused.
- Confidence and professionalism in personal interactions, able to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and others at all levels whilst having the ability to negotiate and influence where appropriate.
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK if required
- Ideally educated to degree level (or equivalent) with relevant experience in a similar or related business development role