To be responsible for managing new business opportunities and existing customer re-tender exercises by applying the company bid management process, support the business by leading internal and external bid tasks and managing the actions and inputs of business-wide stakeholders in to this process. Following the qualification of an opportunity, lead the kick off process, task allocation and the deal risk management process.
- Manage the qualification process for each assigned opportunity to;
- Carry out Bid/No-Bid evaluation
- Work with the sales lead owner to establish the bid plan, including pursuit strategy, pricing approach and competitive landscape
- Identify and record all bid risks for
- Lead the Bid Kick-Off sessions to educate stakeholders and distribute tasks/actions
- Apply Brand bid governance procedures regarding content and pricing sign off
- Ensure effective ongoing deployment of a governance model across the business to ensure all information within the Bid Library is accurate and up to date including core content and key facts
- Assist with Pre Sales and Bid-orientated client research, to ensure preparatory activities / meetings are supported and focussed on client needs and requirements
- Plan, co-ordinate and write bespoke customer-focussed, high quality and compelling bids and proposal document submissions that reflect the value proposition and specific needs identified in strategic elements of the bid process
- Investigate capability with internal stakeholders for non-standard requests and produce an accurate and compelling response
- Ensure Amplify is reviewed as a source of information to support the response and all activities through the process are updated on the system
- Be involved in any ad-hoc projects as and when required
- Contribute to the overall success of the Brand through both personal performance and team spirit
- All objectives successfully completed
- Ensure all quotations are run, in line with the agreed pricing model and submitted in suitable customer format
- Lead review of all quotation information prior to submission
- Build relationships and develop the trust of stakeholders involved in the bid
- Engage internal stakeholders to ensure any specific bid issues can be addressed
Reporting and Systems (including Service Level Agreements)
- Meet all agreed SLAs and KPIs
- Actively participate and facilitate actions in relation to the HPO and TRI*M targets
Delivering Great Service
- Maintain a high level of service focus, ensuring company Service Style is adopted and supported at all times
- Keep abreast of market conditions and specific industry and organisational changes
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to apply a systematic and structured approach when managing a bid
- Able to demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and excellent written skills when responding to tenders
- Able to plan and prioritise workload of self and bid team members
- Ability to manage pressure whilst ensuring deadlines are met
- Able to take initiative and be proactive with all work activities
- Able to demonstrate business/industry awareness and Brand product knowledge
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- Experience of identifying, leading, coordinating and working as part of functional and virtual teams, whilst demonstrating the capability to work independently.
- Suitable industry qualification and experience
- Fluent in business English language - written and verbal.
- Excellent working knowledge of core Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Work with sales lead owners, to manage the quoting process, ensuring adherence to corporate governance and deal requirements.
Work with the various elements of the business to produce compelling and stimulating bid submissions and post-submission presentations that effectively communicate the value of the business and the differentiation that we offer to the market place. Participate in Bid house keeping activities such as content management updates, win/loss reviews and bid reporting.