- Analyse the factors affecting the car/leasing and maintenance markets
- Own, manage and take up sign-off responsibility the RV & RMT Review process
- Produce a full review of the outlook for used car and maintenance markets twice a year, providing monthly updates and preliminary views as appropriate
- Responsible for the effective development, output and signoff, to agreed timescales and quality, of the Fleet Risk Assessment (FRA) in-line with local and Corporate (‘ Corp’) policy
- Liaison with UK Finance, Corp and external audit partners to secure agreement of the fleet terminations forecast
- Ensure that analysis and advice is provided at a sector and vehicle specific level in order to inform the commercial tender /account management process and identify risks and opportunities to help secure profitable business
- Facilitate the Monthly Forecast Forum and RV & RMT Forum
- Drive the development of in-house used car price and maintenance forecasting methodology, including econometric models of used car prices
- Present complex information and concepts [in a user friendly manner] at internal forums as required
- Develop key processes in support of our journey in terms of efficiency and accuracy
- Deputise for Head of Asset Risk when required
- Conduct ad hoc analysis in support of wider business requirements
- Personal contribution to Asset Risk’s vision and strategy, together with that of UK
- Manage and deliver UK’s people strategy within remit of role
- Lead by coaching, rewarding and guiding employees towards achieving their respective and team targets
- Act as a role model through personal demonstration of people management best practice techniques and Company policies, values and behaviours
- Accountable for the performance management of employees within defined area of responsibility, including completion of performance reviews within the company framework
- Responsible for ensuring that employee development needs are recognised and supported and that ongoing development is encouraged. This includes championing and supporting the use of Individual Development Plans (IDP’s).
- Responsible for all aspects of resource management within defined area of responsibility, including planning, resourcing and recruitment.
- Manage all aspects of employee related budgets and headcount plans ensuring balance between cost efficiencies and work requirements.
- Adherence to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy ensuring all employees, within areas of responsibility, are compliant under the same policy. Ensuring that a safe and healthy working environment is encouraged at all times.
- Manage relationships with internal functions suppliers and consultants
Job Family: Professional/Technical Specialist (T. Grade 3)
Demonstrating the Service Style (Level D)
Recognise customer & colleague needs and provide a consistently high level of service that exceeds all expectations.
Business Awareness (Level E)
Identify how to expand business activities; looking for opportunities. Also to define the business direction for a client business or client group, internally/externally.
Making Decisions (Level D)
Investigate and analyse issues objectively and make sound decisions that maximise opportunities for the business.
Building Relationships (Level C)
Develop and build productive working relationships internally and externally to deliver value for customers and for the business.
Communicating Effectively (Level C)
Convey messages in a confident and engaging way; listen and share information to create openness and joint understanding.
Reporting & Systems (including Service Level Agreements - ‘SLA’s’)
- Meet all agreed SLA’s and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
Delivering Great Service
- Maintain a high level of service focus, ensuring Service Style is adopted and supported at all times
- Keep abreast of market conditions and specific industry and organisational changes
- Management ensures that staff in their area of responsibility understand the main tasks and responsibilities with respect to operational risk management in their day-to-day activities.
Driving for Results (Level D)
Own issues; be energetic and resilient and take action to make things happen through to their absolute completion.
Quality Detail/Delivery (Level E)
Focus on agreed standards, work with accuracy and precision and be diligent in following through to ensure that quality outcomes are delivered.
Independent Challenge (Level E)
Understand a problem or challenge and apply strength of thinking to question pre-conceptions and ideas of others for the overall benefit of the business.
- Proven track record in implementing solutions to analytical problems, notably with regards to the UK car & LCV market
- Creativity to formulate new ideas, questioning current thinking where appropriate and underpinned by the drive to be solutions oriented
- Confidence to challenge the objective of continuous improvement
- Proven track record in owning a similar process, ensuring delivery within agreed timelines
- Use of negotiating and influencing skill to promote an idea/concept
- Ability to communicate complex technical data/concepts to all levels within the business
- Integrity to handle a risk based role, making decisions and/or recommendations for the good of the business
- “Can do” attitude in line with the Service Style mindset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Theoretical knowledge and working application of econometrics
- Interest in cars and the automotive industry – highly desirable
- Fluent in business English language - written and verbal
- Full understanding of relevant products, processes and systems.
- Experience of actively participating in a team environment, whilst demonstrating the capability to work independently
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent, in a relevant subject such as economics or statistics supported by demonstrable and relevant work experience