Area Sales Manager
Circa £40,000 with an ote of £60,000
Ref: VR 1151 - South - Circa £40,000 with an ote of £60,000
Purpose of role -
• To be part of the sales team, responsible for developing, facilitating, and implementing all aspects of sales and marketing strategies relative to those customer accounts and/or territories that have been assigned.
• Responsible for the maximisation of sales and profit through the sales of hardware, software and related services against an agreed territory plan.
• Responsible for achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
• To meet those sales targets through professional diligence in meeting the needs of the customers, maintaining complete customer satisfaction and applying the Sales strategy/model to generate increased market share.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Assume day-to-day management of a territory/set of accounts and all related sales activities, including but not limited to:
o regular prospect contact frequency and existing account contact frequency
o meeting customers and identifying needs, value propositions for products/services
o working on solutions with various departments
o providing a proposal
o closing commercial, contractual terms
• To produce comprehensive Annual Sales Plans based on detailed Whitespace and Greenspace analysis.
• Build, develop and retain strong relationships with owners / management teams and employees of the target / current accounts.
• Implement and utilise fully the DSI Sales Model & Core Processes.
• Work closely with other departments in achieving company objectives.
• Manage own time ensuring that adequate time is allocated to key activities, as based on the priorities as identified in the sales plan.