- Develop a target portfolio of prospect opportunities to build a sustainable pipeline. Forecast and prioritise to maximise opportunities and achieve the agreed annual target.
- Build networks and develop long-term relationships within the industry and prospects, and support activity to be a ‘thought leader’.
- Actively engage with prospects as early as possible during the sales cycle.
- Be well-informed of competitor / prospect / industry / political activity and its impact on opportunities.
- Maximise internal and external information data sources and networking opportunities to identify higher value sales opportunities.
- Analyse client needs and develop strategic solutions based on value propositions whilst maximising sustained profitability.
- Map stakeholders within the prospect and develop relationship strategy to uncover the prospect’s specific needs and the relevant sales opportunities.
- Work with internal specialist teams to support prospecting and selling propositions e.g. consultancy, bid management, implementation, etc.
- Be responsible for the ownership of opportunities from identification to handover to client development.
- Lead the sales, bid and pricing strategy for each of their opportunities.
- Develop the pricing proposal for their opportunities and work closely with the Bid Management Team to ensure timely completion of all bids.
- Maintain CRM systems (Amplify) and ensure all prospect, opportunity, meeting minutes and relevant information is uploaded within agreed timescales.
- Identify key sales opportunity and develop sales strategy for all products, including funding products, revenue generating ancillary products and consultancy assignments, fleet management, etc.
- Lead contract negotiations utilising internal expert resource team.
Job Family: Sales/Commercial (C. Grade 3)
Recognise customer & colleague needs and provide a consistently high level of service that exceeds all expectations.
Business Awareness (Level D)
Identify how to expand business activities; looking for opportunities. Also to define the business direction for a client business or client group, internally/externally.
Making Decisions (Level C)
Investigate and analyse issues objectively and make sound decisions that maximise opportunities for the business.
Building Relationships (Level E)
Develop and build productive working relationships internally and externally to deliver value for customers and for the business.
Communicating Effectively (Level D)
Convey messages in a confident and engaging way; listen and share information to create openness and joint understanding.
Driving for Results (Level D)
Own issues; be energetic and resilient and take action to make things happen through to their absolute completion.